The Breeding Cycle of a Loom Band

Is there anything (currently) more annoying than trying to vacuum a hundred bazillion wretched loom bands from the back of your car?



Yes. I know. First World problems. I'll just have a little rant, ok?

With overwhelming gratitude for the Universe that granted me a darling daughter, talented in creativity, blessed in cuteness and curiosity for the greater world, I can only say...yay loom band.


And that is the extent of my enthusiasm for the teeny tiny skinny rubber bands littered all over my house, my car and tragically up the filter of my beloved Dyson vacuum cleaner.

Cheap and nasty. OH SO NASTY.
Incy wincy bitsa rainbow rubber sent from Hades to snap and snarl your hair, your carpet, ...your kitty. (Kitty was ok...he got a "starburst" collar! Mama got the leftover manky white ones to pick out of the Ikea shagpile. Yay loom band.)

Not only do these little threads of joy snap and snarl, they BREED.

I have purchased precisely two. 2. TWO. Just 2 packets of loom bands from the local Two Dollar Shoppe. "Awww, look mum, LOOK! Oh please look, LOOM bands, everyone's got them, can I too??? Please mum, puh-lease???"

Just try saying "no" to that little face up there.

How bad could it be? A few rubber bands to curl and twirl around a few plastic pipes...how cute, such industrious, creative, busy-work for a little person.

Truly, I've picked a thousand out of the carpet.
I've picked a thousand from the stairs.
I've hoovered a thousand up the Dyson,
Cut a thousand from her hair...

"Mou-ha-hahhhh", breathed the Universe.

MOU HA HARRRHHHHH.....


Comments

Popular Posts