Screen-free screaming

I have had enough.
ENOUGH.

The song of the week went a little like this:
"How many times do I have to tell you to get dressed?
How many times do I have to ask you to clean your teeth?
Do you need an invitation to the dinner table?"

"Huh?? I'm playing Minecraft. Shhh."

Wha?????
Which of my beloved said that?



Mommie Dearest raged and screamed. 
She yelled and stomped and fumed. 
She lost her shizz, oh yes she did.  
The dragon-queen, she bloomed.


So it happened. 
Mommie Dearest bravely instigated Screen-Free Saturday

I suspected I would possibly regret this almighty authoritarian decision at about 5 am on Saturday morning, when my interest in serving Rice Bubbles hit an all-time low. But I was committed to getting these tiny dragon-beasts to LISTEN. And quit with the wretched dawdling.

0500:
"Mu-ummm!"
Ye gods it's still DARK.

"Mu-ummmm! Can I play with my iPad?"
"Nope. Go back to sleep. I'm sleeping, you should sleep."
"What can I do???"
"SLEEP."

The day continued similarly. 
This child could negotiate in Washington; so great is the pull of Minecraft.

1100:
"Mu-ummmm???"
Fire-breathing dragon-lady responds with a glare.

"Oh. Ok. I'll go play Spiderman."

1103:
"Mu-ummmm?"
Stoic glare.

"Oh. Ok. I'll go play Lego with my sister."


1106:
"Mu-ummm?"
Raised eyebrows...

"Oh. Ok. I might do some homework then, should I?"

FIST PUMP!!! Bring out your pinatas! 



I'm not sure how brilliantly this week's sly tactics will hold true for next weekend,
but for now...I gloat a little.  

This music clip is for the parentals amongst us who hark back to the 90's....
The Screaming Jets said it best.





Comments

Popular Posts