Meatball Monday

The diurnal round; being structured and bound
Provides a menu of predictable continuum.

Sunday: Pie day
Monday: Meatballs
Tuesday: Chicken Tacos
Wednesday: Spaghetti Bol 
(Just NOT spaghetti/linguine/fettucine... basically any other pasta that doesn't involve industrious oral sensory mastery of tiny slurpy worms..."I'll be hungry forever mum!")

 Thursday: Mother of the Year meal (read, "Beans on Toast")

Friday: Make Your Own Pizza But Only Cheese 
(and a giant carafe for mama in front of the telly)

Saturday: Reset with a healthy stirfry, including broccoli 
("I'm SOOOO allergic mum!"
 Bring on the weekly cruciferous meltdown...)

My tiny Captain rules a spectrum of rainbows; fractured and fraught.
A spectrum of perfect sense to him,
If I could only sense
A little more of
anything really...



Tonight's very ordinary dinner is worthy of posting because Monday Meatballs
in the Measly Mastercheffing earned 

"3000/10".

I just need to say it again...
Mama earned 3000/10.
For Monday's Meatballs.
Oh yes I did.

The Captain and the Ninja held counsel over dinner.
The Captain and the Ninja judged.
The Ninja begged "more mushrooms!!"
The Captain stated, "3000/10 mum!" 

What?
Really?
You're gonna eat that?
Without whingeing?

I don't believe it.

Errrr Mah Spectrummy Gahhhhd! The rainbow has delivered!!!!

I figured it out?
I tuned in right today?
I understood????

 For one magic moment, I dare to wonder if I
Could I be on the cusp of a cure???

For one magic moment, I dare to wonder if I
Could predict what tomorrow will bring???

For one magic moment, I dare to wonder if 
WE MADE IT???
Ahhhh. No.

 Not Now. Not Yet.
 Perhaps Not Ever.
But it's ok.

I know this.
Because there have been many fragmented moments of magic in our rainbow; 
Me and my tiny Captain.

When I look in the mirror of myself I see a smouldering, gaping abyss of meaning and purpose.
Yet, when I look in the mirror, together with my tiny Captain and our spectrummy rainbow...
EVERY fractured blob on our palette offers another expression of colour; purpose and opportunity.

When you're blessed with a Rainbow of Unexpected Possibilities; yes, a tiny Captain,
they say "practice makes permanent".

Heck yeah!!! We made them Monday Meatballs 
RIGHTEOUS & GOOD.


3000/10


 

 





Comments

Popular Posts